Friday, October 10, 2008

Yom Kippur Grasshopper

I always feel a little guilty working on the Jewish high holidays - like I'm setting myself up for a bad year by not believing in or following the traditions of my ancestors. But while at home on my lunch break, I noticed this giant grasshopper in my lavender plant. For some reason, having one of these creatures adorn my garden makes me feel lucky. I think they're considered lucky in some cultures, though doubtfully in mine - I'm pretty sure they're one of the ten plagues... you know, from Passover?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone turns 30 on Sat

leah said...

30 totally kicks 29's ass!

Anonymous said...

are you trying to say that your age is better than mine?

Knibb High football rules

Anonymous said...

why come u can haz no blogs?

leah said...

so busy in wonderland lately...